Welcome to Absolute Immigration
Tennis Australia has partnered with Absolute Immigration to provide visa information to all international participants of the 2024 Australia Summer of Tennis and Australian Open.
Let’s get started in three easy steps
All international participants require a visa to enter Australia for the 2024 Australian Summer of Tennis and Australian Open. You require a Letter of Invitation citing your correct visa category, then you need to apply for a visa through Australia’s Department of Home Affairs.
Request your Letter of Invitation
To apply for and to be approved for a visa as an invited participant, you will need a Letter of Invitation from Tennis Australia. Absolute Immigration will manage your request and you can submit it through this link.
Check visa information
Visa information and requirements depend on your participant category and personal circumstances. It is important to apply for the correct visa and we have outlined your visa options here.
Apply now for your visa!
There are two options to apply for your visa:
- Directly with the Department of Home Affairs by creating an ImmiAccount or
- By engaging our services to manage the visa application on your behalf
What is your Participant Category?
Find out here
- To apply for your Letter of Invitation and your visa, it is important that you know your participant category in the 2024 Australia Summer of Tennis and Australian Open.
- Hover over the options below to find examples of participant roles.
- You will need to know your participant category when you apply for your Letter of Invitation.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes – any international visitor entering on a passport other than an Australian passport, MUST have a visa. This includes New Zealand passport holders. We recommend that you apply for a visa as early as you can to avoid delays.
We recommend you apply as soon as you have the supporting documentation – the processing times provided are only a guide.
The visa you require will depend on your participant category for the 2024 Australian Summer of Tennis and Australian Open – click here to select your category and find out the visa you require.
- Biometrics Waiver: the Department of Home Affairs has waived the need for biometrics for the following participants of the 2024 Australian Summer of Tennis and Australian Open:
- Professional Players, Junior Players, and Direct Family Members
- Player Support Team
- Tour Staff and Officials
- Tennis Australia Staff
- Contractors or Suppliers
After you submit your visa application online, the Department of Home Affairs may request your biometrics via an automated email. If you receive this request, please ignore it.
- Australia’s Biometric Program: the Department of Home Affairs has confirmed that the following participants of the 2024 Australian Summer of Tennis and Australian Open are not eligible for the biometrics waiver:
- Media and Broadcast
- Partner or Sponsors
- VIP Guests
- Other Guests
After you submit your visa application online, the Department of Home Affairs may request your biometrics via an automated email – depending on your passport country OR where you have lodged your visa application form. If you receive this request, you must arrange an appointment at your nearest biometric office so they can be collected.
The nominated biometrics collection agency will capture a facial image with a digital camera and a 10-digit fingerprint scan with a digital finger scanner. To check, click here.
During the online application, you will be asked if family members are to be included in your application. Please DO NOT include anyone on your visa application, as this may cause delays. Each traveller will need to apply for their own visa.
* Note: Guests and Family members (spouse/partner, children, parents) may be eligible for a Visitor visa unless they have a working role e.g. your father is also your coach.
To select your category and find out the visa you require, please click here.
New Zealand passport holders are generally eligible for a Special Category visa (subclass 444). More information about this visa can be found here. We recommend that you check the requirements for a visa Subclass 444 in advance and before you travel. No letter of invitation from Tennis Australia is required to obtain this visa.
When you have requested your Letter of Invitation, you will receive an email from the Absolute Immigration Tennis Team: [email protected]. We recommend you add this address to your Address Book and check your spam or junk folder to ensure it is not filed there. To request your Letter of Invitation, click here.
Contact our team
If you have a question regarding your visa application to enter Australia or if you would you like to engage our services for a fixed fee, we look forward to hearing from you.